Sunday, August 22, 2010

We're Back!

Kevin and I are back from our trip to the States. We went to Seattle (where his family lives) but my mom and sister were able to fly up from Orlando for a few days. They had never been to Seattle before so we had a good time showing them around, as well as getting to see a good friend get married.

It seemed like a quick visit because a few days into the trip, I had my gallbladder taken out, and spent the rest of the time recovering. I've been needing this for awhile now (since 2006) and went for a surgery consult and the doctor fit my surgery in the next day. The gallstones were bigger and more plentiful than the 3 year old ultrasound showed so one of my incisions is much bigger than I expected. I'm still sore but no longer taking painkillers after the plane ride over here, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm still trying to figure out how this will affect my diet. I've been told it could go numerous ways. So for now I'm trying to eat as low-cal, low-fat, low-sodium, and sugar free as I can and gradually add things back and see what happens. I don't know if this will make cooking easier or harder, but I do expect to be cooking more because I won't be finding these foods by eating out. So hopefully, more blog updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment