Saturday, December 4, 2010

Italian Style French Bread

When Kevin bought a TV a few weeks ago, the store gave us a voucher to use so we ended up buying some things that we normally wouldn't buy for ourselves. Among those things was a bread machine! I've made several loaves so far and I'm really loving the machine. It makes bread making SO much easier.

Kevin was making spaghetti not too long ago and instead of buying the pre-made garlic bread at the grocery store I decided to make my own using this recipe.

Italian Style French Bread (my changes are in italics)
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (used 3 tbsp of romano)
  • 1 tbsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
Add the ingredients to the bread machine per your bread machine instructions.

Use the French Bread cycle, medium crust, and 1 pound loaf.

Remove when done and cool before slicing.

--------------------------


This bread was perfectly crusty with a soft inside. I mixed a dish of pressed garlic and butter then spread it on the bread slices while still warm. Way better than any mushy grocery store garlic bread I've ever had and went wonderfully with the spaghetti! If you have a machine, I'd recommend this the next time you're having Italian.

No comments:

Post a Comment