Thursday, May 27, 2010

Crunchy Clothes? No Thanks

The dryer is BROKEN. I repeat, the dryer is BROKEN. It's been on the fritz for awhile, but now it won't turn on without the circuit breaker popping. And everything else on that circuit is unplugged so I have no idea what the issue is. Kevin spent a good part of the morning trying to fix it and it looks like part of the motor burned out. We got it used from Dubizzle which is Dubai's version of Craigslist so now we're on the hunt for another one. Until then, I either let the laundry pile up or use the drying racks we have. I hate drying racks. For some reason they leave your clothes hard and crispy, no matter how much fabric softener I use. Argh.

The rest of the day was completely wasted. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer after only getting an hour and a half of sleep last night. I tried, believe me, I tried. I was really looking forward to working on my balcony garden. I know it's a little late in the season, but I have some strawberry seeds I want to plant, as well as some petunia and aster. I will get this done tomorrow, even if it means adopting Kevin's morning caffeine ritual, which is a lot.

Now to figure out something for dinner... but both of us are lazy tonight and settled in front of Shutter Island so it's pretty much guaranteed our kitchen won't be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment