Monday, May 31, 2010

Maybe I Do Have a Green Thumb

Things are going much better in my balcony garden. I never used the fertilizer I have, but instead, I watered my plants with water that I dissolved epsom salt into. Everything seemed to perk up! From what I've read, it's good to do this once a month or so. One of my gardenias is turning yellow so I need to pick up a spray bottle the next time I'm out so I can spray the epsom salt solution on the leaves.

I can't wait for my compost to be ready. I'm still adding to it and the bin is almost full. I started it a little over a month ago and I hope the heat here will speed it up. I've never composted before, let alone on a balcony, so I'm excited to use this on my plants. I never realized how addicting gardening can be, but I'm glad I've found something to eat up some of my spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment