Sunday, May 30, 2010

One Ingredient Italian Ice

The AC in our building is broken and our apartment is a sweltering 84 degrees. I thought now would be as good of a time as any to try a really cool (literally!) summertime dessert I came across a few days ago at Stephanie Cooks. Enter Italian ice. Italian ice that has only one ingredient and is easy on the waistline!

Italian Ice
  •  Fresh, chopped, frozen fruit (I used watermelon)
Place the frozen fruit pieces in a food processor.

If you want it to be choppy, like slushy ice, hit pulse a few times until the fruit it chopped up and resembles Italian ice.

If you prefer it more smooth, let the food processor run for about 2-3 minutes or until smooth like soft ice cream.
---------------------------

My first attempt came out a little soupy (see picture), but I ate it anyway. It was still pretty great and I am SO glad I found this idea. It's as easy as pushing a button on a blender, which suits me perfectly. It was a wonderful relief to the no AC situation and I can tell you now it's going to be a staple for us this summer. I'm going to see if I can make a prettier batch tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment