Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh, Crockpot! How I Love Thee!

Yesterday we became the proud owners of a brand new slow cooker. They are not very common here unlike their counterpart, the rice cooker. But we found one at a decent price and brought that baby home. Before bed, we threw in a beef bottom round with some fat free chicken broth, water, onions, carrots, garlic, beef seasoning, salt, and pepper. It cooked all night, then this morning when we woke up, threw in some potatoes and let it continue to cook all day. By 5:30pm (when we couldn't wait any longer) we dug in. The meat just fell apart... so tender and juicy. So right now, I'm in pot roast heaven. So full, yet still contemplating what my next meal with the crock pot will be. I think it may be one of the best kitchen appliances ever.

2 comments:

  1. Daniel makes the best Pulled pork with our crock pot, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you tell me plz from did you get it??

    ReplyDelete