Friday, June 4, 2010

Why Does Your Smoothie Look Like That?

Today was a lazy day. Well, all my days are lazy, but this one was lazier than most. I went out the past two nights. Trivia with Jen and Jeff and some of their friends on Wednesday night, which was awesome but definitely not enough "American" questions. Then last night I walked over to Barasti (a restaurant/bar on the beach that we're lucky enough to live right across the street from) to meet up with Houri and Stefanie for a girls night. So today I was tired and it ended up being a completely unproductive day. For days like this, I really like to make a green smoothie for lunch (which I happen to have a lot when Kevin is out of town). For those of you who don't know what a green smoothie is, it's a smoothie in which you "hide" your greens, such as spinach, lettuce, chard, or kale. I use spinach because it has a light flavor and my smoothie still tastes fruity. Kale, on the other hand, is a bit more difficult to hide.

My Green Smoothie
  • 1 cup of frozen strawberries
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
  • 2 big handfuls of baby spinach
It's super filling and has four servings of fruits and vegetables in it. (The pineapple juice doesn't count.) Some people take one look at it and are grossed out because it's a lovely shade of greenish brown. Don't let the color stop you from tasting the deliciousness that is a green smoothie. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment