Saturday, June 12, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Strips

I haven't eaten any meat in almost two weeks and so I decided to grab some chicken breasts when I was shopping. Like I've mentioned before, I have a hard time cooking for one so I wanted something that wasn't very elaborate. I tried googling "chicken recipes for one" to no avail because I didn't want just grilled chicken breast. Boring. Then I remembered a recipe Kevin and I tried not too long ago and I adapted it to make chicken strips instead. And I'm so proud of myself for kind of guessing from memory... not like this recipe was hard to begin with. :P

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Strips
  • 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips or chunks
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup of grated parmesan or romano cheese
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Set up two bowls, one containing the beaten egg, the other containing all dry ingredients mixed.

Dip strips into egg, then the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Lay in dish.

Bake for 10 minutes, flip, then continue to bake for another 7-10 minutes.

--------------------------


Ahhh. Little nuggets of heaven. I never thought I'd say that in reference to anything other than chocolate but these are pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment